Friday, June 26, 2009

Doctor Patient

I went to Cardinal this morning on an "errand" and decided to have an ENT consult for this on- and-off cough that's been bothering me for the past 3-4 years.. :P

At first my friends thought it was Pneumonia/TB (whaaaaat?), but CXR done during Clerkship was negative.

During a slow OPD day, an ENT resident checked me out and we discovered I had postnasal drip. Was prescribed Claricort but was unable to finish the entire course 'coz of my busy sked back then.

During Internship, caught the flu/pneumonia (?) from Nats which resulted in fever and caused me to cough like crazy. Thought I had Pertussis. :P Took Co-Amox TID x 7 days with improvement of fever and malaise, but still with cough (at that time I suspected it to be allergic in nature, occuring only when I was on duty at the DR).

Interestingly, coughing was minimal for the entire duration of my review for the boards..

Lately, cough began increasing in regularity, and exacerbations were noted during gym sessions (Naks!). Afebrile. Was able to finally complete a course of Claricort but had only temporary improvement. Sputum whitish, very viscous.

Developed reflux symptoms and took Omeprazole OD x 2 weeks, with minimal improvement.

Few weeks ago, began having difficulty breathing at bedtime due to feeling of occlusion of L nostril.

Consulted Dr. F. Leh. PE revealed L septal deviation & post nasal drip. Xray of paranasal sinuses was done. To follow up on Saturday with plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment